I am not sure why I have become obsessed with tape dispensers lately, perhaps it’s because the one I have is oh-so boring. Turns out there are many lovely, well designed, “designer,” tape dispensers out there–it just took some searching to find them.
FORTUNE magazine even wrote a short piece, “Poppin.com: Bringing Style to Tape Dispensers,” in the February, 2011 issue. So far, Poppin.com isn’t up and running yet, but they’ll take your email and let you know when they’re ready.
Glad to know I’m not the only one thinking about this! Check out some truly stylish tape dispensers below.
1) Cassette Tape, Tape Dispenser from J-me.co.uk, $20 – Very cool, but it makes me said to think that so many kids may not truly appreciate this since they may have NEVER seen an actual cassette tape before! Hmm…make me feel slightly old.
2) Heavy Weight Tape Dispenser from SeeJaneWork.com, $40 – Love the utilitarian-ness of this; plus it’s very functional.
3) Silver Tape Dispenser from SeeJaneWork.com, $30 – For the luxe desk space, very chic.
4) One Hand Tape Dispenser from CanoeOnline.net, $125 *gasp* – I do love the style of this, although for some reason I think my cats would a) bite on the the tall part and b) attack and then stick to the tape sticking up.
5) Stickit Tape Dispenser, from MomaStore.org, $20 – Not only do I love this because it’s orange, I love it because it makes sense. Allow me to explain why they named it the way they did. It has a sticky polyurethane gel base which secures it to any surface so it stays put when dispensing tape. Bonus: it doesn’t leave a sticky reside behind. Genius.
6) Electronic Tape Dispenser, from LincolnStationers.com, $29.50 – For the kid in all of us! It reminds me of those Kinnect things. So fun, I wonder how well it really works?
7) Choco Tape Dispenser, from MomaStore.org, $28.95 – Made of Walnut, this definately should have been included in my “wooden wish list.” Bonus: It comes with one roll of patterned Japanese washi paper tape.